With the wedding finally over and your relationship totally official, the honeymoon is your first real chance at winding down and kicking back with your spouse in a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind locale. Of course, the trip should be relaxing, suit your needs and style as a couple, and be an incredibly memorable spot to share a lifetime of memories together.
Because there are so many destinations to check out and consider, when planning your wedding, keep a shortlist of some of the most romantic, nontraditional and visually stunning destinations you might want to fly to after all is said and done. To help make things easier, we share seven of the best honeymoon destinations you might not have considered in your list.
Surrounded by a lush emerald jungle and pristine white beaches, experience a unique and charming world of luxury at this private beachfront resort along Mexico’s northeastern Yucatán Peninsula in the Riviera Maya. This 1600-acre resort blends natural landscapes with history for a picturesque waterfront community that offers indulgence and fine fare. Best of all, this resort is just miles from the Grand Coral Golf Riviera Maya and the prestigious art gallery.
- Ideal for exploratory couples who seek thrill and adventure amid the ancient Mayan port city and its preserved ruins;
- Breakfast buffet is served in a refined Italian restaurant, with a chic sushi and tequila bar;
- Other amenities include three outdoor pools, a luxury spa, and a 24-hour gym offering fitness classes;
- Resort is built to abide by the highest of eco-standards, offering indulgence with awareness; received the Rainforest Alliance Certification.
Overlooking a spectrum of blue waters and pink sands, this uniquely elegant Caribbean beach club boutique hotel on Harbor Island in the Bahamas inspires timeless memories with a profound warmth. Featuring a laid-back communal sitting area, 16 guest cottages, fine dining and bar areas, along with a glamorous pool, this stylish oasis is a welcomed retreat with a breadth of activities like tennis, snorkling and paddle boarding.
- Perfect for the sociable couple who loves exploring and meeting new people in a friendly, accommodating atmosphere;
- Offers private residences, ideal for couples traveling together or family groups; and hotel cottages for honeymooners;
- Can arrange a private charter with captain to explore the area by sea;
- Major amenities are just a short walk away.
Rich in history and lush in extravagance, this picturesque and classy cliff side resort nestled in the heart of Positano, Italy overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea in style. With an 8-minute walk from Marina Grande beach, this luxurious, adults-only hotel with 58 rooms features beautiful living areas, complete with terraces boasting remarkable sea views.
- A beautiful resort with gorgeous waters and cliffs, perfect for the couple wanting that seaside escape;
- Hotel has complimentary breakfast, an acclaimed Mediterranean restaurant, and a champagne and oyster bar’
- Offers easy access to notable areas along the Amalfi Coast, including Naples, Pompeii, Ravello and Capri
- During the summer, daily excursions can be taken on the hotel boat.
This stunning and relaxing resort is guaranteed to wash away all that stress with every ounce of its beauty. From silken white sands to the clear blue waters overlooking the Caribbean Sea to the exotic, mouthwatering dishes from a world-class dining experience, this Four Seasons oasis in Anguilla is absolute heaven. Overlooking two bays, this beautiful resort with luxurious residences and vibrant music from the islands gives you a front-row seat to rest and relaxation.
- Perfect for the couple who want a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday city life;
- The size of Manhattan and home to 33 of the most stunning beaches in the world;
- Just 7 miles across the strait from St. Martin in the British West Indies;
- Offers a spa, pool, a gym and other amenities to best suit your adventurous desires.
Situated just outside Park City, this intimate and cozy Utah resort is the embodiment of mountaineer romance. From staying in your own mountain home or a rustic modern lodge, this resort offers numerous activities, quality dining that offers the freshest foods cooked to order and a luxurious spa for the couple looking to indulge.
- Adventurous honeymooners can hit the slopes, hike the Alpine trails or raft down the Provo River;
- Offers a Sundance ZipTour, touted one of the most scenic zip tours in the world and boasting over 3,870 feet of riding;
- Spans over 5,000 acres and on the slope of Mount Timpanogos in Utah’s Wasatch Range;
- Park City has a very posh side, with premier boutiques and attractions for the luxe buys.
Seen as the epitome of a romantic sanctuary, this upscale all-suite resort offers 15 acres of zen, tropical hillside with immaculate ocean views of three Hawaiian Islands and mountain scenery. Rooms offer guests a sophisticated bedroom suites complete with private lanais, kitchenettes, living rooms, bathrooms and soaking tubs.
- A dream come true for the couple looking to kick back with cascading waterfalls, winding pathways and in-room massages after a day of exploration;
- Offers a complimentary black-car service that will take you anywhere in Wailea;
- Book a year ahead as there are only 72 suites on the entire property;
- Amenities include world-class restaurant, fitness center with yoga classes, and an outdoor pool with cabanas and a hot tub.
Featuring a bridge that’s symbolic of crossing the threshold into a new life with one another, this intimate bed and breakfast outside Seattle is a little piece of heaven in the woods. Offering a little less than rooms that are oozing with romance and charm, including The Temple of the Blue Moon by the river, this cozy treehouse provides tourists a modern take on camping.
- Perfect for the adventurous couple who love the outdoors and a classic, rustic charm;
- Cabins are decorated with leather chairs, cedar beds and private balconies;
- Wide, expansive grounds with lush forest views along the Raging River; dining options and attractions are nearby;
- Offers activities on the grounds such as yoga, spas, Tai Chi, and hypnotherapy.
* * * * *
What are some spots you think are perfect for honeymooners? Let us know in the comments below.